This dish combined so many of mine and Zack’s favorite things: cheese, pasta, and buffalo sauce. Okay, Zack isn’t so big into pasta, but he loves the other two.
I made this Saturday night when Dad came over for dinner. He’s also a big buffalo fan, so it was perfect.
This is basically like macaroni and cheese with buffalo flavor included. YUM.
Buffalo sauce is mixed in with the cheese sauce, so I only drizzled some on top.
Up close detail of the deliciousness. The white is Panko bread crumbs.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
– 1 lb pasta (I used whole wheat rotini)
– 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 tablespoon flour
– 1 1/2 cups milk
– 4 oz grated Monterey Jack Cheese + more for topping
– 1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese + more for topping
– 1/3 cup buffalo wing pasta
– 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
– salt and pepper to taste
– optional: for garnish (I didn’t do this): 3/4 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
– additional buffalo wing sauce for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare water for pasta and cook according to directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly, add in the flour. Whisk together and cook 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color. Add milk, stir and turn heat lower. Continue stirring until milk thickens. Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo wing sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix thoroughly until everything is coated. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with extra cheese and other toppings if you wish. Drizzle with buffalo sauce.