Last weekend Zack and I went to Virginia Beach for a concert. My closest friend from high school, Mackenzie goes to school in the area, so we decided to visit and have dinner with her. I wanted to take her some goodies, so I made these. I got the mini cupcake carrier from a local bake shop.
Mackenzie really enjoyed these fudge cups and said her neighbors did, too! 🙂
The bottom layer is milk chocolate fudge and the top layer is confetti fudge (white chocolate fudge with sprinkles). I think they did end up looking kind of like cupcakes. I like this dessert, because there are so many options. You can make practically any flavor combination you want. The recipe includes several varieties, but you can only limited by your imagination!
Cupcake Fudge Cups
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted (divided)
– 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (divided)
– Pinch of salt
– 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips*
– 1½ cups white chocolate chips*
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided)
– Peanut butter fudge: sub peanut butter morsels for white chocolate chips
– Butterscotch fudge: sub butterscotch morsels for white chocolate chips
– Fruity Fudge (strawberry, raspberry, orange, etc.): In white chocolate fudge, sub fruit flavored extract/flavoring of your choice for vanilla. Add a drop of food coloring to create color of fruit. Top with dark chocolate fudge for a ’choco dipped fruit’ taste or white chocolate fudge for a ’fruit and cream’ taste.
– Oreo fudge: Add ½ cup crushed Oreos to white chocolate fudge
– Confetti fudge: Add ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles to white chocolate fudge.
– Mix ins: add ½ cup nuts, toffee, dried cranberries, crushed peppermint, marshmallows, etc to your fudge.
Line a mini muffin/cupcake pan with baking cups.
Divide ingredients in half, as directed in recipe. Place 1 tablespoon of butter, 7 oz (half the can) of sweetened condensed milk, and a pinch of salt in 1 microwave safe bowl, and the other half in a second microwave safe bowl.
In the microwave, melt one bowl of the butter/milk mixture, about 30 seconds. Add 1½ cups of milk chocolate chips (or flavor of your choice).
Microwave until chocolate is completely melted, about 2-4 minutes on 50% power, taking out to stir every 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn your chocolate by overheating!
Once chocolate is melted, stir in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract into each bowl, or choose an extract or flavoring of your choice, followed by any mix-ins if desired. Scoop fudge into mini muffin pans using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
Press down so the tops are flat. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered, to firm up.
While the bottom layer of your fudge cups are cooling, prepare white chocolate fudge (or second flavor of your choice). Repeat process above, using 1½ cups of white chocolate chips (or flavor of choice).
Remove milk chocolate fudge from fridge. Scoop the white chocolate fudge on top of milk chocolate fudge and smooth with a knife.
Garnish with toppings if desired. Refrigerate fudge cups for 2-3 hours, until firm, before serving.